Sunday, April 12, 2015

XC Skiing Trip in Gatineau Park

By: Caylee Joseph


The ski trip at Gatineau was a great experience and an overall fun trip! The weather was perfect and the sun was shining all day. My favourite part was the giant hill that we climbed because I didn't fall and it was a great challenge. I learned a lot about my balance and how to keep it when I am getting tired. I finally learned to double pole which help a lot when I was tired and when I needed speed.                                                                                                                                                                      When we got there in the morning I was excited to ski and couldn't wait to get on the trail. The first part of the trail was very up hill and was physically demanding, it was good to stop and sit for lunch. The second part of the trail was more downhill and was better because I was tired from climbing the first part of the trail. The last stretch of the trail was long because I was so tired and it was hard to keep going.                                                                                                                                           I think that I liked the trip as much as I did because it was done on our own and we got to experience the trail for ourselves. Instead of being herded like sheep, we got to look around and take our time and set our own pace.                                                                                                                                 Even though the day was long, the trail was the perfect length and was beautiful to look at, I caught myself looking around a lot while skiing. I think this was one of my favourite trips because it was a perfect day and I got to ski all day with my best friend. Overall such a great trip and I would love to go back there and ski again!

1 comment: